Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peacock Effects on AB 2072


Apparently somebody went to a zoo recently and observed some of the peacocks. And came up with a brand new strategic idea, a new trick called illusions.

They have to. Illusions are the only thing they have to work with. They can't even drum up enough support any where so they depend on world of illusions to help their causes. DBC and AFA were full of it.

They formed alliances from numerous individuals and grassroots movement and coordinated so many opposition letters, thinking they would be able to fool the resourceful California State Senators. Take a peek at Amy Cohen Efron’s earlier blog where she posted a list showing who supported the bill and who opposed it. I saw numerous bogus entities on the ‘opposition’ side and had to wonder about it. And then I realized what it was... a peacock effect! They are known for their extravagant tail, making themselves appear bigger than they really are.

That’s what some of them are doing right now to drum up support for AB 2072 opposition force. Going back to the post found under Amy Cohen Efron's blog you will see a long list showing who supported the bill and who opposed it. Some of them are highly questionable. I mean, anybody could declare they represent a cause and draft an opposition letter. It's not that difficult and it does not give them folks the clout they desperately seek.

The Senators are not stupid so quit treating them like they were. The Senators are equipped with world class research team so they'll see through this one. They are going to notice the peacock effect. Not kidding you here. It's probably why they decided to limit both sides to two speakers with two minutes limit each person during the hearing. It usually mean one thing. They've already made up their mind on the bill and did not want to be dragged through this senseless eugenic debate, thanks to people who brought E. Black in to speak on eugenics. It was not a bright thing to do simply because politics do not touch these stuff.

Whoever idea it was to bring E. Black into the picture surely flunked as a strategist. Upon seeing it happening I immediately knew what the Senators reaction were going to be. Two speakers from both sides with two minutes each person at the hearing. These people basically spooked the Senators, something you just don't do.

I also noticed how these opposition side rushed to add NAD as part of the opposition side. Funny because NAD’s letter did not say whether they supported or opposed the bill. They only wanted to question the language of the bill. But yet these desperate peacocks claimed credit for their letter. Peacock effects. That is what it amounts to. These people seem to have mastered the skill of screwing things up. They've done it again and again and lost nearly every battles since I took a peek into this v/blog sphere.

I'm still here and watching the entire saga with great interest because I'm really curious about one thing. How long is this stupidity going to last and how long are these people going to try and fool themselves. That is what is so interesting.

12 comments:

  1. If California State Senators passed AB 2072, they must be Stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry John Egbert. Are you forgetting things? You lost the privilege to post under my v/blogs a long time ago so don't bother posting.

    I know you are excited about going to NAD convention but that's only because they represent this closed society you are so fond of. Me? No plans on supporting NAD for as long as they choose to remain that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edward, I respectfully disagree. They are well resourced with enormous research capabilities. They did not win elections out of sheer luck. They are smart people and I know this because I've worked with some of them in the past. They know a peacock in a hearing when they see one. Not kidding you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, regardless of the outcome, this strategic move on their part will haunt them years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should AB 2072 fail, will those opponents celebrate in the their victory in 62 years? 2072 A.D.

    or

    Will it be forgotten?

    If pass, will this be the year of infamy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. theHolism, from what I understand, you are not living in California and you said "I've worked with some of them in the past" -- Explain it to me?

    What benefit do you gain by doing this ? I know that you have nothing but alienate the community.

    Quote your comment to John Egbert "No plans on supporting NAD for as long as they choose to remain that way." It proves me that you are not being helpful to the so-called closed society. How do they open up their society? You need to participate and work with those people.

    Based on your previous discussions, you are not going to participate & help your friend Netprized, THEN, in my humble opinion, you are full of hot air.

    Truthfully, I was hoping that you are going there and I will be glad to stand by you and support to OPEN up the society. Guess that I'll be going alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Football,

    I don't have to live in California to participate in the debate. Want proof? Look at numerous opposition letters that's been drafted and sent out. They're coming from all over the nation so why are you worried about me? Perhaps you're just jealous over the fact that I'm known as one of the most controversial v/blogger.

    I've explained myself numerous times on some of the experience I've had working with the legislative branches and I know you've read them because you repeated some of my earlier comments from different sites. Not going to repeat myself, especially for those who are simply too lazy to do their home work. Heck, I even vlogged about it and it's still there for the record.

    To alienate the deaf community is not the goal here. Sorry to see that you do not understand the nature of v/blogging discourses. You are not alone. There are a lot of you out there who simply do not understand just because you did not want to understand.

    You got one thing right. I do not want to be helpful and help NAD become more "closed" than what it already is by joining. I've had the opportunity to visit with Bobbie Beth Scoggin and she took my 'boycott' to heart and said she'd have a serious look at the problem and seek ways for NAD to change. Look at CAD. They took my point on Closed Society and decided to grant 'free membership' to all deaf people in California. In essence, my message is working. It's unfortunate for you to think you have to join and be there, physically, to participate and make a difference. It goes to show what little you know about leverages, strategy and information age. That's okay though. You will catch on, eventually.

    What made you believe that I'd believe that you are for open society with the choice of words you used? Hot air yourself, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. NAD free membership to deaf people only to those living in California? Why just California? Is it because of the bill? It strikes me as odd for them to do that while leaving out 49 other states. I consider NAD as a special interest group mainly for the Deaf community and not so much for the deaf and hard of hearing communities (plural).

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Mike. It is not NAD that's providing free membership in California. It's CAD that's doing it now. I spoke to somebody inside CAD recently and was told that's what was happening over there now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see. Thanks. Free membership all of a sudden? And how long will this last? Until the bill is signed by the governor?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mike, they have one year to try and prove that free membership is going to really work. They have about six or seven more months to go before they'll know whether it works or not.

    ReplyDelete