Saturday, September 11, 2010

ASL Community, a Society of the Infested?


Upon receiving numerous emails from some of my fans and viewers I learned about the unfortunate incident involving Ridor9th and his so-called criminal record. It is my understanding that he is currently in jail.

I would not care to elaborate on that but wanted to say that I traced the news all the way to an individual I've never heard of. His user name with youtube was Gratefuldeaf. Apparently he was the first source of the news itself. I watched the video and could not help it but notice a comment from Kalalau52 (known as Carl S.) and smelled a skunk. And then I thought of a scenario in my head... I see it as a body of water, a community that was infested with sharks that were beginning to go after each other.

Kalalau is known to have laughed and cheered Ridor9th on for attacking many deaf people, including myself. Numerous acts of defamation and slander occurred while Ridor9th attacked people and yet this Kalalau character cheered him on knowing it would only encourage him to continue behaving that way. And when this Gratefuldeaf vlogged about it, in pain, Kalalau congratulated him for coming forward on the issue.

This is what he had to say... "Yes, Jason, I could still remember initial attackers in your facebook who were out to drag your name through the mud. I was proud that you took up your guts to make this vlog about "a pack of haters." They do have their queens.".

I left a comment under Kalalau's comment stating that he was the one that laughed and cheered alongside Ridor9th when he attacked people. And that I thought he should have condemned the behavior as soon as it started, not after this individual has been jailed. Went on to tell him that words were like mirror, a reflection self, referring to him as the "queen" he spoke of. That comment was not published, I assume because Grateful and Kalalau knew each other and were perhaps even friends.

Mind you, this legal issue Ridor9th is currently dealing with may have nothing to do with defamation and slanderous work that he's done towards many individuals. The point here is, Ridor9th had Kalalau as a loyal ally up until that point. This type of behavior is exactly what I envisioned in that photo of water infested with sharks.

Upon thinking about it some more I realized that it has more to do with how desperate this ASL community has become in this cyber world. Their world is getting smaller and smaller each year. They've assimilated themselves into a world of illusions, to a degree where they do not want anything to do with people that were slightly different. They would assail those that were not deaf enough in their view. They end up being by themselves, living amongst their own until there were no more fishes to assail and consume. They came up with a new diet and called it AUDISM. The notion of attacking hearing people appeared ideal. And when they ran out of examples they ended up more isolated than ever.

At some point, which we're beginning to witness these days, their own are beginning to appear appealing. They're beginning to experiment with a new diet called cannibalism. Eating each other up seem appealing because they drove everything away and had nothing else to assail and consume upon. The rest of the world drove on forward and made huge progress on solutions of their own, without the blessings of the sharks.

Never thought I'd see the day when Kalalau would turn against Ridor9th and assailed him. This is why I've denounced the community by calling myself sharkless, as in deafless. I want no part of this stupidity.

And lastly, I am not excited about the fact that Ridor9th is in jail. I do not wish that upon anybody. And yes, I am saddened by the news. I do not think anybody in their right mind should find this news entertaining. And that's not why I'm blogging about it. I'm merely making a point here about the ASL Community and how the radical "Deaf Power" and "ASL Powerhouse" are hurting themselves. I, along with many ASL users, want no part of it.

Ella, in case you're reading this. You of all people know the primary cause. Thanks to you, this part of history is written for the rest of the world to see and read about.

22 comments:

  1. Yup. He's very brilliant, that I can't deny, but he chose to use his gift in a wrong way. He'd have made a great professor, a great researcher, etc. Let this be a warning to people... people who know they are smart, use smartness for good. It's never too late for anyone to turn a page and to change for better.

    I have my own opinions, I reserve the right to agree and to disagree, with a degree of respect always. I choose to respond or to be quiet. So forth... it's a matter of using the freedom of speech... not abusing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right Karen. You are one role model I look up to. Seriously. You know when to respond or remain quiet... like you put it, matter of using the freedom of speech, not abusing it. Point well taken.

    I have a problem seeing him as a brilliant person. If he was brilliant in the first place then surely he'd have done many things differently. In short, you cant be smart and dumb at the same time. Can you?

    Thanks for posting your thoughts here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. I believe in giving people chances. I don't have the ability to hate, which leads people to complain that I am too nice.

    Well, we will find out soon enough. As usual, I will continue ignoring him... with a sense of pity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that news was a bit surreal. Yet he gossiped and attacked people on his vlog and blog and now the table's turned and he's in the spotlight. Sad. It's better to be cordial than not.

    As for Karl....I just shake my head.

    I think you're right about the shark analogy. I wonder if there's a better example since there are people who may scatter at this news who were once ardent supporters. I don't even know the full details and I don't really care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I believe that Ridor9th is no fan of Kalalau52.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3eZgzMNtqo&feature=channel

    Last portion this link. 10:14 to end. He has said other things about Kalalau52 that were not positive.

    ~BBF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi BBF. Never paid attention to how Ridor might have felt about Kalalau52. That was not my focus here. Read the blog again and you'll see that the focus was mostly on Kalalau52. And again, Kalalau52 has been laughing along the way and cheering Ridor9th on when he attacked people like me and many others. And now he wants to condemn Ridor9th for the behavior after he's been put into a jail cell? That is what I was hoping to discuss here.

    Hope all is well on your end, Ben. Be in touch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI everybody. Just received information from a reliable source on Gratefuldeaf. He's a student at Portland State University where Carl works. Guess this proves something.... infested is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know.

    As for the NFL season I'm totally in the dark on which team's going to play whom. You see, you're worried about who you (Broncos) play while I'm sitting up here with a beautiful view of the riverfront surrounded by beautiful mountain enjoying myself. Why is that? It's because I'm not worried who we (Cowboys) are going to play. I know we can handle anybody. I have this much faith in my team compared to you and your team.

    Superbowl? I know better than to give Karma any reason to dispel the Cowboys before they get there. Unlike you, I'm going to be real about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holism..
    Thanks for telling us about Ridor. You were the starter of it. Then it was Mike McConnell, then it was Deaf Anthology. I took the ball and ran the research and run down on what happened to ridor. But whatever what has happened to Ridor, I'm kind of hope that he will learn a serious lesson to what he does to people. As I said, perhaps Karma has bit Ricky's ass pretty hard.

    Again great post!

    sherlock Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've a fair amount of respect for Kalalua (Carl), even if I think he is so close to the trees he can't see the forest has more than one variety of them. It would be pointless to comment on the Ridor thing, other than we know he sails closer to the wind than most and respect nor tact are words he understands or if he does thinks they are a weakness to exploit. Why is it the most able of the deaf community are hell-bent on self destruction and ego tripping ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sherlock Steve. Sorry but I can not and will not take credit as the first person to post the news about Ridor9th. If you read my blog again you will see that I've cited my source, pointing to Gratefuldeaf as the initial source. The credit belongs to him.

    I, along with many others hope for the same thing for Ridor9th. Thanks for posting here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Brother,

    Guess his circle has gone and it came back to him, There is no way to escape this circle. Hope he learned a lesson, so do with Carl and his circle.

    Good blog, Barry.

    Brother Willy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talking back, eh, BBF? Who did you learn from? Hopefully it wasn't Ridor. Vying for his coveted position? (snickering)

    I've not been to NFL @ Deafvideo.tv. I watched Tayler's vlog about and told him I'd participate but have not seen their final product yet. Assuming on your part too?

    I know why karma isn't in your vocaulary. It came from other religion(s). But you ought to know that the Native Americans have their own terms for the same thing. Hocokan is one. Even the Christians have a saying that is basically the same thing... something like this "reap what you sow". LOL.

    Tough break on word verification procedure. I refuse to tear it down.... because it's only an illusion in your head, like I've been telling DBC folks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tousi, your test worked. Now come on over and say something! LOL. Hope all is well on your end, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good question MM. Good to know you have some amount of respect for Kalalua (Carl). It was becoming hopeless because I have zero respect for this clown. I'm sure he'll be grateful to hear that coming from you... he probably need it more than Ridor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Brother Willy! Good to see you here. I know you're way out in the boonies but you still manage to stop by. ;D

    Yes, Circle as in Hocokan, Kuuyi, Karma, Wâsakâ and such are all the same principles. Reap what you sow. And that's the truth regardless of whoever you think you are. We all need to be careful about what we wish upon others. That's why I am not celebrating about what happened to Ridor. I don't think anybody should. Instead we should hope that he'll turn around for better and learn from this important lesson.

    Take care and do stay warm in chilly British Columbia. Run down south and visit us if it gets too cold for your bones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. After observing the videos of Professor Carl, it concludes to me that it's time for him to retreat away from the deaf community for...a... long long time.
    At least the very first deaf generation which belonged to Native American Indians up in the heaven or spirits are saying "Oh you kept dicking with us and now look at you- (shaking heads) pathetic...". Very embarrassing.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope he gets gangrape in prison and gets aids and died! End of Ridortardo!

    ReplyDelete